Opting for a mini projector in the first place means you’re a stickler for portable stuff. Now, you don’t want to ruin that portability advantage by holding yourself down with wires! And that’s why it makes perfect sense to buy a mini projector with WiFi connectivity. In this review, we’d be looking at some of the best WiFi mini projectors on the market.
Mini Projectors with WiFi: Our Top Recommendations
After comparing several models in terms of display quality, ease of use, additional features, durability, brand trust, and buyer reviews, we cut out the low performers from our initial long list until we were left with these impressive monsters that you shouldn’t go wrong with.
1. Anker Nebula Capsule
- Remarkable Clarity and Contrast: DLP’s advanced IntelliBright algorithms deliver a remarkably bright 100 ANSI-lumen image. (Recommended for use in dimmer environments.)
- 360° Speaker: Equipped with a powerful omnidirectional speaker, this mini projector pumps out sound all around.
- Home Entertainment: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and more up to 100 inches big anywhere in your home thanks to Capsule’s soda can-sized design.
- Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more on your mini projector for endless entertainment.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule portable projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. For peak performance, please update to the latest firmware.
For people that can’t just deal with a massive black box in front of their viewing space, the Anker Nebula Capsule is one of the best portable beamers to consider. It is not the most affordable option, but it does come with a nice range of features that could be worth the cash. The product is just about the size of a drink can with a series of controls on the top. On the side is a micro USB port and HDMI port along with the lens and keystone correction control. The design allows for portability so you can take it just about wherever you want to go.
The projector comes with a 5,200mAh battery which will keep it running for hours. Running on Android 7.1, the projector allows you to connect to major streaming apps like Netflix, Plex, and Hulu. There is also a file manager for you to download the APK for your favorite files, but you will have to download Capsule Control on your smartphone to navigate through the apps.
Projectors are all about video quality and projection size which are some areas in the Anker Nebula Capsule that perform pretty well. It supports a projection size of up to 100 inches. Unfortunately, image quality and brightness will suffer at such a size due to the low resolution of the projector.
The Nebula Capsule has a resolution of 854 x 480 which will require you to stay at a reasonable distance from the projection to get an enjoyable experience. The brightness comes at 500 lumens which is only great for dark rooms. With the lights on, you will have a hard time seeing the content.
Despite its size, the Nebula Capsule features an in-built speaker that could eliminate the need for external speakers. If the quality isn’t to your taste, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones and speakers.
The Nebula Capsules comes with some pretty impressive specs to justify its price, but you might want to watch out for the downsides that come with using the device. The software isn’t the best, but it does work; however, the resolution and brightness are very low so you might want to limit your movie viewing to nights only or stick to dark rooms.
- Portable design.
- Comes with Android OS.
- Features an intuitive Capsule Control app.
- Great battery life.
- Low resolution and brightness.
- The Remote is a bit sluggish.
2. AKASO WT50
- 🎁Portable Projector—-DLP’s advanced technology(0.2DMD Optically processed chip) deliver vibrant color and crystal-clear image(50 ANSI lumens). With RGB LED bulb, soft lighting protects your eyes from glare, no radiation and no eye injury. Recommended for use in dimmer environments.
- 🎁Multi-Screen Sharing Projection—-This smart movie projector adopts the latest Multi-screen technology, supports AirPlay, Miracast, EShare and DLNA. Shorter throw lens project up to 120 inches big, 360° rotatable support bracket included. Suitable for iOS, Android system, enjoy entertainments anytime.
- 🎁Super Portable—-Compact and lightweight design(5.71*3.15*0.79 inches, 0.64lbs), making it effortless to go anywhere. Compatible with various devices (USB, HDMI, 3.5mm AUX, and Micro SD port ), it can be easily connected with your smart phone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE to enjoy BIG games.
- 🎁Android 9.0 System—-Access all the contents you love. Counting on the Google Play Store(3 million apps), you can download and install apps from the store. Stream content from Netflix, Youtube, and more for enjoying the life. NOTE:Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast via wireless transmission, but you can download apps from Google play or browse them directly through AKASO home theater projector to view copyrighted content from these.
- 🎁Touch Control—-With sensitive touch control, you can do many things on AKASO video projector. Its touchscreen allows you to select your media, apps and more with drag-and-click simplicity.
If you’re that shopper that places affordability over everything else, then the AKASO WT50 should be the only option you would want to consider. Due to its mini design, setting up the projector might be a hassle; however, it comes with a tripod in the box to help you get a level image.
Despite its affordability, the AKASO WT50 isn’t lacking the needed features. It has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It also comes as a surprise that it supports 802.11ac wireless networks. There are quite a few ports including a full-size HDMI port for plugging in your streaming boxes, game consoles, and Blu-ray players. You will also find USB ports, an SD card slot, and a 3.5mm audio jack. For playing media from your phone, you can use Wi-Fi Display, Airplay, or any other third-party app.
The AKASO WT50 features Android 7.1, and it actually comes with the Google Play Store included a big plus for those who want to access streaming apps. You can also download apps in APK form. Netflix is already installed, and you can operate it with the remote or using the touch interface on top of the projector.
However, you shouldn’t expect everything to work perfectly. This is an insanely cheap projector, so lagging can be a real problem. There is also an issue with the remote sensor. It is located on the back of the projector; however, the remote is of the Infrared variety which means you must always be in the line of sight to get it to work. This is not much of a problem, but an upgrade will definitely be nice.
The WT50 uses a resolution of 854 x 480 which means you will have to keep the screen size around 80 inches or less and be at a reasonable distance to get the best picture quality. While the quality of the display shouldn’t be much of an issue for most viewers, the brightness is surprisingly sub-par. With a 50 ANSI lumens rating, this projector will have to be placed in a dark room for you to get the best viewing experience.
Though the projector comes with built-in speakers, you might want to skip them. The projector is so tiny so there is no way a fully functional, mind-blowing, TV-ready speaker would fit right inside. With Bluetooth connectivity or a built-in 3.5mm audio jack, you can easily connect your external speakers and get better sound quality.
Considering the affordable price, the AKASO WT50 is an impressive option to consider. It comes with all the needed connectivity options, allows you to access streaming apps, and is an overall quality product. If you’re okay with watching your movies in dark rooms and setting up an external speaker, then you should by all means go for this pick.
- Comes with Google Play Store.
- Android 7.1 System.
- Pocket-size mini project.
- Multi-screen sharing projection.
- Functionality is dated.
- Low brightness.
3. DBPOWER RD821
- NEWEST WIRELESS CONNECTION & ZOOM FUNCTION: WiFi projector is compatible with IOS and Android system. Two Different way for you to mirror your phone. With zoom function, WiFi Projector can shrink the image size from 100% to 50% using the remote without moving the projector.The Mirror display function doesn’t support protected videos, because of copyright.
- SUPERIOR WATCHING EXPERIENCE: Mini Projector is native 1280x720P, 8000L, 3500:1 high contrast and 16:9/4:3 aspect ratio, which is 60% brighter and clearer than other equivalent WiFi projector. Adopted innovative Portrait LCD Display Tech to provide excellent clarity image and accuracy color for the best viewing experience.
- LOWER NOISE & BUILT-IN SPEAKERS: The Video projector has built-in 3W dual stereo speakers with SRS sound system provides a great auditory sense experience without external speakers. Portable Projector are equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion, as well as a noise suppression technology that cuts fan sound in half.
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: With a customized carrying case included, you can conveniently carry and storage this WiFi projector. This home projector equipped with HDMI/USB/AV/VGA/TF Card ports to meet your needs for Headsets, Laptop, DVD/VCD players, USB disk, PS3, PS4, Computer, Phone, etc.
- 3 Year Satisfied Warranty DBPOWER offers every customer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems while using, please feel free to contact us. Not recommended for PPT, or business presentation, it is a home theater projector. You can enjoy the fun at outdoor journey in dark.
When talking about mini projectors, size is one of the most important factors. However, most tiny mini projectors have a problem with resolution and brightness and produce not-so-great pictures and videos. The DBPOWER RD821 solves this problem by being a bit bigger so it comes with more features than your regular mini projectors. Moving the projector won’t be a problem as it comes with its own carrying case. Simply pack it up and carry the case by the handle to enjoy the best movie experience wherever you want.
The projector’s design might be bulky to some users that want a very small option but considering the features it offers and the price, it is definitely a pick to go for. The controls are sited on top of the projector with a power port at the side. The most impressive feature is the picture quality.
The projector delivers clear picture quality in 1280x720p with a 3000:1 high contrast ratio that allows for crystal-clear detailing and ensures vibrant color projection image quality. All these features sound promising, and fortunately, the projector does deliver. It is nowhere near 4K, but you won’t have to sit too far away from the projected screen to get decent quality.
The projection size is 40 – 200 inches with a projection distance of 4ft – 19.6ft. You won’t have to worry about losing out on the action and the dialogue from this distance thanks to the built-in 3W dual stereo speakers. The auditory sense experience is superb; however, you might want to consider hooking up your external speakers if you want to keep the projection size at 200 inches.
You will find all the needed connectivity ports for all your devices. The HDMI/USB/AV/VGA/TF Card ports should allow you to connect your phone, game consoles, laptops, USB disk, and many other external devices.
- Native 1280×720 resolution.
- Comes with a carrying case.
- Giant 200-inch display.
- 3-year repair support.
- A bit bulky.
- Not compatible with all Netflix videos.
4. GooDee W18
- 【WiFi Wireless Connection & Wired Connection】GooDee 2021 update WiFi projector compatible with the iOS/Android/Chromecast /Windows 10 system. Once-time WiFi wireless or wired (use an original USB data cable) link to your devices. Don’t spend any extra money.
- 【Full HD 1080P Supported & IMAX Projection】W18 mini video projector supported resolution:1920*1080, Aspect Ratio: 16:9/4:3, unique light reflection technology, can reduce 51% of the direct light damage compared with TV and get the maximum protection of the eyes. Adjust projector distance to get 200″ huge projection size with 14.5ft, bring an excellent spectating experience like an IMAX! [100″ Projector Screen Included]
- 【Lower Noise & Built-in Speakers】GooDee smart projectors are equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion, as well as a noise suppression technology that cuts fan sound in half. Built-in speakers offer excellent loud sound quality, you can also link to an external speaker to meet your higher sound expectations. 50000 hrs lamp lifetimes, you can use it for more than 10 years!
- 【Multimedia Portable Projector】GooDee home projectors have HDMI, AV, VGA, SD Card and USB port, can easily work with your Laptop, PCs, TV Box, Fire TV Stick, PS3, PS4, X-Box, SD Card, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones, fits for playing movies, videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches and playing games, etc.
- 【6 Years Warranty & Professional Support】GooDee offers 6 months free return for a full refund and 6-year free repair. Long-life professional customer service & technical support. You can contact us anytime from Amazon Seller Technical Support and we will 24-7-365 to help you solve the problem.
The GooDee W18 is not your typical mini projector. While it does come with all the necessary specs, there are way more quality and extras that you never knew you needed in this projector. The projector offers some amazing picture quality which makes the price tag totally worth it. It is a Full HD 1080P projector and will deliver your videos in 1920×1080 resolution.
Using unique light reflection technology, the projector can reduce up to 51% of the direct light damage compared to regular TVs. This actually means you won’t have to turn off the lights and watch your movies in the dark. It will work perfectly during the day, giving you clear pictures and videos even in ambient daylight. This is a big plus if you’re looking for a mini projector with a nice range. The GooDee W18 will deliver a projection size of up to 200 inches, and unlike other picks, you can use it to the max distance and not worry about blurry pictures. You’d still have to sit at a reasonable distance though.
The smart projector comes equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion to ensure it doesn’t get too hot during use. Heating isn’t a problem with cheaper mini projectors and considering the price of this unit, it shouldn’t be a reason for worry. The noise suppression technology is a plus. You won’t have to worry about a noisy fan spoiling your movie nights.
The GooDee W18 features built-in speakers with nice sound quality. They are pretty loud, but you might want to link your external speakers if you’re viewing in a larger room. The back of the projector is packed full of ports for your external devices. You will find the regulars including your HDMI, AV, VGA, SD Card, and USB ports.
Another plus is the 6-year warranty that comes with the product. There is actually a 6-month free return for a full refund while the 6-year warranty will get you free repair on the product.
- Impressive build quality.
- Projection size of up to 200 inches.
- Built-in Speakers.
- 6 years warranty.
- No carry case.
- The projector is bigger than most mini projectors.
5. WiMiUS S25
- ✔【Mini Portable Projector with Carrying Case】Native resolution 1280x720p, support the highest resolution of 1920*1080p, its brightness up to 340 ANSI Lumens and 8000:1 Contrast Ratio, making images come alive and text appears crisp and clear, which is ideal for home entertainment. A small size of 21.1*17*8cm and a weight of only 1.14kg, allowing you to enjoy wireless entertainment anywhere.
- ✔【Play Online with No Lag】S25 home projector features Wifi function, you can easily connect the projector with your iOS/Android devices to use “Airplay” or “Screen Mirroring” to mirror movies, videos, apps, games, and photos from your phone to the big screen at any time. (Due to copyright protection, it’s not support to directly play stream media like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc, please prepare a TV Stick to enjoy these videos)
- ✔【Movie Projector for Outdoor Use】Built-in latest Bluetooth 5.0 chip can wirelessly connect your Bluetooth speaker. Built-in dual HiFi stereo speakers with SRS sound system provides more powerful and stereo sound of your party. LED lamp life reaches up to 65,000 hours with high transmittance 6-layer LCD glass lens. Enjoy a outdoor movie night, backyard movie party, birthday party with your loved ones this summer.
- ✔【240″ Big Home Movie Theater & Wide Compatibility】S25 offers a 38-240 inches projection size with 3.7-19.6 feet projection distance, aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9. With zoom function, it can shrink the image size from 100% to 50%. Compatible with Fire TV Stick, DVD Player, Xbox, Laptop, USB, ComputeR, PS5 game playing console, etc.
- ✔【Worry-free Shopping Experience】WiMiUS S25 promises 24/7 service, 3-year warranty, and refund/replacement for any quality-related issue, please contact our after-sales service email for any issues, we are always here for you.
WiMiUS is one of the leading manufacturers of projectors with so many impressive picks in its inventory. The WiMiUS S25 is one of those options that come with all-around great features and a reasonable price tag that won’t be harsh on your pocket.
The WiMiUS S25 features rather intriguing aesthetics. Most of the inputs are located to the left, with the power supply input isolated to the right. On top of the housing, you will find a pair of dials like the keystone adjustment. This allows you to position the projector at the center even if it is mounted on the ceiling or set low to the ground. However, there is no horizontal keystone adjustment, so you will have to ensure it is well-centered at all times. There is also a zoom dial that allows you to adjust the image size by 50 percent without moving the projector.
The S25 is kept cool via two internal fans that push air out through both the back and side of the unit. This keeps the bulb cool and promotes its longevity. In fact, the bulb will run for up to 60,000 hours which equals more than six years of constant use. You will also find some physical buttons next to the dials. These should help you navigate the projector‘s menu and adjust the brightness, tint, and contrast. You can perform more functions using the remote.
While the WiMiUS S25 supports up to 1080p, it comes with a native resolution of 720p. It will still play videos of 1080p, but they will be downscaled to 720p. The maximum projection size is rated at 200 inches. When fully spread out, the image is fairly clear, and you might not get the best details in daylight viewing.
The performance is excellent in the 80 to the 100-inch range, and you won’t have to restrict yourself to dark rooms at this scale. The brightness rating of 5,500 lumens will work perfectly. The dual 3W speakers aren’t perfect, but they get the job done. However, they won’t provide enough power to fill a room so you might want to hook up your external speakers. There are ports for just about everything you want to plugin. You will find an HDMI port, USB ports, an RGB connection, and a VGA port.
Rounding up the S25 does come with all the impressive specs you will need. The high contrast, impressive image quality, and brightness make it great for movies and presentations. However, there is no keystone adjustment, and the speakers are not the best for large rooms.
- Wide range of screen sizes.
- Supports wireless casting.
- The native resolution of 720p.
- The colors are vibrant.
- The speakers are underwhelming.
- Lack a horizontal keystone adjustment.
6. Kodak Luma 350
- THE PREMIER CHOICE FOR DLP PROJECTION | Portable Smart Projector Utilizes Breakthrough Digital Light Processing Technology to Render HD Video & Imaging w/ Stunning Color, Clarity &LED-Lumen Brightness | Massive Displays Up to 150” | Use With the iOS Luma 350 App for Intuitive Wireless Access
- COMPATIBILITY ACROSS ALL SMART DEVICES | Turn Your Phone Into a Remote| Discover the Ultimate All-Inclusive Multimedia Experience w/ Onboard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Screen Mirroring, HDMI & USB for Phone, Laptop, Tablet, Streaming through downloaded Apps, Blu-Ray, Consoles & More. Note: The remote can only turn off the projector.
- CINEMA-QUALITY VIDEO FOR MOVIE MAGIC | Recreate the Visual Excellence of a Theater | Project in Full Ultra HD Resolution w/ Unbelievable Picture Quality| Built-In Speaker Lets You Enjoy Audio—No External Equipment Needed | Use your phone as a remote to adjust settings, open apps & choose content
- ADVANCED ANDROID 6.0 & iOS INTERFACE | Download Apps, Browse the Internet & Access Other Exciting Content Directly on the Projector | Device Features Easy-to-Use Light-Up Touch Controls, Manual Focus, Audio Output & Remote Control |Connect your Android or use the iOS Luma App for Even More Options
- For an enhanced experience, update your projector to the most recent firmware on the Kodak Photo Plus website. Note: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Apollo to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. Mirroring and screencast can be used to display non-copyrighted content downloaded on an external device.
The Kodak Luma 350 is your portable smart projector for just about anything; movies and presentations. It is one of those smart options that come with an insanely high price tag, but does it justify it with the features it offers? Let’s, find out.
The Kodak Luma 350 is an LED-based projection and has a brightness rating of 200 ANSI lumens and a 3500:1 contrast ratio. The resolution is 854-by-480 pixels or 480p resolution. The best projection size is 60 inches when set against a dark background. This should give you some nice images without significant degradation.
It comes with all the needed ports including an easy focus adjustment wheel that helps to position the image. There is also a rechargeable 7,500mAH which lasts just around two hours and takes about four hours to charge fully.
Probably the only reasonable feature that justifies the price is that you can run Android apps on it. It comes preinstalled with the most common options like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You can also download more apps from the Google Play store.
In addition, you can connect your external speakers and devices via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, an audio jack, and an HDMI port. Overall, it does offer some nice specs with better software than most cheaper options.
- Compatible with smart devices.
- Runs on Android 6 OS.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Above-average video quality.
- Just one-year warranty.
- Controls on the projector are limited.
7. MOOKA Mini Projector
- The portable projector presents an additional carrying case, which is convenient for you to store and carry your projectors. Backed by 12-month repair and 24h lifetime technical issues support
The MOOKA RD-823 is a portable wireless projector that comes at an even more affordable price than the rest. It does offer just about the same features you can get from other projectors, but this time you won’t have to spend extra on them. The projector has a brightness rating of 7500 lumens and supports 1080p resolution.
The native resolution is actually 1280x720p which when matched with the 5000:1 high contrast will ensure the picture quality will remain superb even when at the max 200-inch display. Still, you might experience blurry images if you get too close to this range. There is also a 50 percent zoom function that enlarges the picture and changes the throw distance without having to move the projector.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity is also available on this device to allow you to connect your Android, iOS, and Windows devices. The Bluetooth connectivity will come in handy if you want a higher sound production than what the built-in dual stereo speakers can offer. You can also connect your TV box, game consoles, Blu-ray players, laptops, and PCs via the HDMI, VGA, AV, and USB interfaces.
- 5000:1 contrast ratio.
- Connects to your iOS/Android device.
- 3-year Repair warranty.
- No carry case.
- Bulky design.