If you’re looking to enjoy your old movie DVDs on a larger screen, then using a projector is your best bet. But rather than having to go lug around a DVD player and spend time sorting out cables, you can just opt for a projector with a built-in DVD player. With that, you have everything in one place and save more time during setups. Here, we’d be looking at some of the best projectors with DVD players built-in.
Projectors with DVD Players Built-in: Our Top Recommendations
After spending hours scouring the market to identify projector models that come with built-in DVD players, our research team went ahead to compare the models we found in terms of ease of use, display quality, durability, brand trust, buyer reviews, price, and other factors that matter. And we cut out the unimpressive options from our list, leaving these impressive ones that you shouldn’t go wrong with.
1. BIGASUO Pro302
- ❶✨📀 [2-IN-1 Projector Built-in DVD Player, Easier to Use] BIGASUO Projector Pro302 is not only a home video projector, but also a CD DVD Projector. This unique design is our exclusive patent, it enables you to directly play movie from your favorites discs, and more conveniently to enjoy it on the big screen. Save the cost of an additional DVD player. One mini video projector, double happiness!
- ❷✨ [Enhanced Brightness HD Movie Projector, Restore Color Detail Better] This HD 1080P supported projector and 8000:1 contrast ratio. It used high-quality coated lenses, which makes the picture reproduction higher, and the color level is richer. Pairing super decoding ability with high-definition display screen, it enable this LCD projector creates a better picture quality and gives you guys an immersive shock.
- ❸✨ [Projector with Bluetooth 5.0 Chip, HIFI Sound Enjoyment] Bigasuo bluetooth projecor built-in 2 powerful speakers, this portable outdoor projector also provides HIFI sound effect while watching movies in Max 200inch screen. The extra Bluetooth function is also supported to connect with your speaker or headphone wirelessly. Relax yourself in a private space, enlarge your happiness with our Bluetooth projector, just enjoy it! (Note: Bluetooth NOT support connect to smartphone)
- ❹✨ [MultiPort Mini Portable Projectors, Compatible with Most Devices] With HDMI, AV, VGA, USB, Micro SD Card ports, this outdoor camping projector can widely connect to most device, like TV stick, Laptop, PC, USB Flash Drive, PS4 etc. The equipped DVD function also supports to directly play CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD. (Not support Blu-ray discs). No matter indoor or outdoor, this little smart projector will bring you endless entertainment with your family and friends!
- ❺✨ [Rich Accessories, With Carry Bag & Tripod] Considering the using requirements of customers, our BIGASUO projector thoughtfully offered a FREE Bag & Tripod, which is good for storage, carrying and using, it’s a dvd projector,also a camping projector for backyard. Meanwhile, we are also providing 30 DAYS refund or replacement service and 3-YEARS Technical Support. If you encounter any problems during use, please don’t hesitate to contact us for help!
The BIGASUO Pro302 counts as one of the best picks for your DVD projecting needs, especially if you’re on a tight budget. The projector promises bright images and rich color with native 720p resolution (1280×720) and a 6000:1 contrast ratio. Featuring improved LCD display technology with an LED light source, you should expect crisp images when projecting up to its max display size of 200 inches.
The 720p resolution could pose a problem at the max display size, but it was mostly clear and bright during the review. This is due to the addition of high-quality coated lenses to keep the picture production at the highest level. There is also focus adjustment and keystone adjustment. You can adjust the focus wheel to ensure the image is clearly displayed while the keystone correction gives you a rectangular image.
However, the brightness is rated 200 ANSI, so the perfect projection size falls to 100 inches. At this size, you will get the best quality for your movie night. You should still get some good-quality video with ambient daylight. The built-in dual-audio speakers will save you the cost of purchasing external speakers. They are quite loud even in a large room. If you find yourself struggling to hear the dialogue, you can always use the wireless connection to connect to a Bluetooth speaker for a better sound.
The BIGASUO Pro302 promises fast cooling and low noise, but you should only take that with a pinch of salt. While the noise reduction technology will do its part, it is still not the most silent projector out there.
You can expect a bit of heat, but it is nothing out of the ordinary. The unit is designed to be compatible with many devices thanks to its numerous ports. It features HDMI, VGA, AV, and Micro SD Card ports to connect your devices. The DVD function is also quite reliable and will play your CD, DVD, CD-R/RV, VCD, SVCD, DVD-R/+R, and DVD+RW/-RW. Unfortunately, it won’t support Blu-ray discs.
To boost convenience and portability, a free carry bag and tripod are added to the entire package.
- Built-in 2 powerful speakers.
- Native 720P resolution for clear picture display.
- Compatible with most devices.
- Comes with a carrying bag and tripod.
- Bulky design.
- Does not support Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
2. Dxyiitoo PD-201Star
- 🌹【Upgraded HD 1080p Supported】 To meet our customer’s new needs, Dxyiitoo has improved not only Increase brightness by 40%, With 1080P resolution supported ，The contrast ratio was upgraded to 8,000:1， but also extended the life of the bulb to 60,000 hours which is ideal for home entertainment.
- 🌹【Built In DVD Player】2022 upgraded LED projector With Built in DVD player, you can play the disc without additional DVD player.The large screen allows you and your family to enjoy a wonderful home theater experience
- 🌹【Bluetooth & Surround Speaker】Built-in dual stereo speakers with SRS, provide clear well-balanced sound quality, a truly amazing sound experience. with Bluetooth, you can connect your ideal Bluetooth speaker wirelessly at any time. (Bluetooth can only connect to Bluetooth speaker, can not connect to smart phone).The projector is lower in noise and more durable than previous models thanks to advanced fan cooling technology.
- 🌹【Compatible Devices】Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (but not blu-ray DVD), And it has HDMI, AV, VGA, Micro SD Card port, which allows you to use it with Laptop, PCs, for TV Box, for Amazon Fire TV Stick, for Chrome Book, Tablets, Blue-ray DVD player, Micro SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Media players, for iPad,for iPhone, Android Smartphones.
- 🌹【Professional Service】Dxyiitoo offers every customer 100% satisfaction service. You can order it without any risks as a Christmas gift for friends. If you meet any operation difficulties or quality issues, please feel free to contact us to get an immediate reply from our professional technical department.
The Dxyiitoo PD-201Star will cost you a bit more but with that extra cost comes a big jump in the spec sheet. This projector features a built-in DVP player that comes with support for Airplay and Screen Mirroring functions. The Airplay function works just the same as on any device. With it, you can play your phone freely and project the app’s video. While this sounds like a great addition, there are more impressive specs this projector has to offer.
The Dxyiitoo PD-201Star provides crystal clear images in 1920 x 1080p resolution and 7500 lumens of brightness which are its most exciting feature. The contrast ratio of 8000:1 ensures delicate pictures that will deliver every detail and ensure that you get the same high-quality picture when projecting up to 250 inches. You won’t have to worry about the richness of the color as the image enlarges thanks to the latest 3-chip RGB design. This presents a real, dynamic, and color-vibrant projection that will match the quality of your home screen.
You will find support for iOS and Android devices via a wireless connection on this projector. The built-in WiFi module allows you to stream your online video on the projector at the same quality. There is also Bluetooth connectivity for connecting your external speakers. At 250 inches, you might need some good speakers to hear the dialogue and immerse yourself in the action, especially if you’re in a large room.
This projector features the latest Bluetooth 5.0 chip with wide compatibility and allows you to connect to multiple devices. The built-in dual stereo speakers are able to provide clear well-balanced sound quality in most cases, so you won’t have to worry about spending extra on external speakers.
When it comes to ports, the projector packs all the needed options. You will find HDMI, VGA, TF card, and AV interfaces. The DVD player also supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, and SVCD. Once again, you won’t be able to play Blu-ray DVDs, but you will be able to connect your TV stick and Chrome cast and stream right off the projector.
- Built-in dual stereo speakers with SRS.
- It can connect to an external speaker via Bluetooth.
- Supports direct play of many disc types.
- Comes with a carrying case and tripod.
- Does not support Blu-ray DVDs.
- Support up to 32GB USB disk.
3. FANGOR F-301
- 【DVD and Projector in One】: Compare to other ordinary portable mini Projector in market, FANGOR outdoor Movie projector with Built in DVD Player Provide you one more new home entertainments anytime. You can Play DVD, VCD, DVR and many other types of discs directly without spending extra much money to buy a separate dvd . Easy to enjoy a cinema-like experience freely anytime.
- 【Visual Experience Enhanced】: this dvd projector can project immersive detailed images and vivid video to your projector screen/white wall in dark perfectly; ①this HD 1080p Bluetooth projector adopted the Advanced MStar Color Engine to better restore each color details ; ② Upgraded brightness to10000L with contrast ratio at 8000:1 ensure the image reproduction is best ; ③ maximum 1920*1080 Pixel support; ④ Up to 200″ projection size, provide you comfortable watching experience than a Small TV;
- 【 Surround Speakers & Bluetooth】: Built-in 2*3W powerful speaker with SRS system Provide you a great auditory sense experience even without need any external audio device. Additionally, you can also connect with your Bluetooth speaker/headphone to enjoy your time freely thanks to the movie projector with 5.0 bluetooth chip. (Note: not support to connect with your phone to transfer data by Bluetooth function).
- 【Widely Compatibility】：The 1080p projector with rich Interface of 2XHDMI, USB, VGA, DC , audio , Micro USB & SD slot, which support you connect your PC,laptop and smartphone with this hd projector to watch your favorite Movies, Video or Games freely . (Note: an extra MHL/Type C cable to HDMI adapter is needed for android phone; and a lightning cable to HDMI adapter is needed for ios phone.
- 【Reliable After Services】: Fangor provides 30 days guarantee for return(warranty for free replacement or refund) and 1-year tech support, If you have any problems, please contact us immediately and get a 24H Service Reply by “”Order-Get Help” from the Amazon Station Message
If spending so much on a projector will hurt your budget, and you’re more interested in an affordable option that can read and play your DVDs or CDs, the FANGOR F-301 comes with just the right specs and costs significantly less than other picks in the same category. The projector makes the same promises as other options when it comes to projection quality and size but considering the more affordable price, it does pretty well with what it has to offer.
The LCD projector features a brightness rating of 7200 lumens. It is a long-throw projector with a projection size of 200 inches. The higher brightness rating means it will produce bright and vibrant images that can be clearly seen even in rooms with ambient daylight. For smooth color transitions, the projector adopts an advanced MStar Color Engine and features a contrast ratio of 8000:1. This ensures the image reproduction is at its best even at the maximum projection size.
While the 2x3W speakers are praised for being powerful, you might want to hook up some external speakers for better sound quality. The built-in speakers come with an SRS system that could provide a great auditory sense experience that can only be felt in small rooms. If you want to give the entire family the same viewing and listening experience, then getting external Bluetooth speakers will be your best bet. The Bluetooth 5.0 chip will allow you to connect your headphones and speakers from a wide range; however, you won’t be able to connect with your phone to transfer data using the Bluetooth function.
The built-in DVD player will handle many types of discs, but you shouldn’t expect it to work for Blu-ray discs. At the back of the projector, you will find your connectivity ports. There are 2xHDMI, VGA, USB, DC, audio and Micro USB, and SD ports to connect your external devices.
With a display resolution of 1280×800 pixels, the FANGOR F-301 won’t produce the most stunning images at 200 inches. However, the high brightness rating means you will always get a clear image or video for an enhanced viewing experience.
- Widely compatible with a wide range of external devices.
- Built-in 2*3W powerful speaker with SRS system.
- Built-in 5.0 Bluetooth connectivity.
- 200-inch projection size.
- Does not come with a tripod.
- Only 1 year after service and technical support.
4. RCA RPJ140
- PROJECTOR & DVD PLAYER : Unlike many other projectors, the RCA RPJ140 1080p projector has a built-in DVD player and supports direct playback of CD, DVD, and VCD, to mention a few, on a large screen. This makes it a perfect option for filling in your free time at home, without having to get a separate DVD player.
- BLUETOOTH & SURROUND SPEAKER: Build-In stereo surround speaker, restored every detail sound effect to let you enjoy the pleasure sounds in different scenes. With Bluetooth, You can connect your ideal Bluetooth speaker wirelessly at any time
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES: Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD (but not Blu-ray DVD), and it has HDMI, AV, VGA, Micro SD card port, which allows you to use it with laptop, PCs, TV box, Fire TV stick, Chrome book, tablets, blu-ray DVD player, Micro SD card, USB flash drive, media players, iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones
- QUIET ENVIRONMENT: 80% less fan noise for superior performance. A newly-enhanced cooling and fan system generates the surprisingly low noise of any home projector
- TWO-IN-ONE: 2022 upgraded, Projector & DVD player: LED lighting with built in DVD player, supporting 1920×1080 resolution, 3000: 1 contrast ratio which is ideal for home entertainment. Not recommend for ppt or office presentation
For some shoppers, it is not about how great the projector is but all about the affordability. Not everyone has hundreds of dollars to spend on a DLP projector or even an LCD projector with extremely high-quality specs. Some people just want a great option that is super affordable yet offers some decent quality specs.
If you’re one of those shoppers, the RCA RPJ140 projector will meet your needs while offering so much more. While it costs twice as less as the more expensive picks, it does come with a similar spec sheet featuring an in-built DVD player, high resolution, and multiple connectivity options.
The projector can receive a 1080p signal supporting 1920×1080 resolution and a 3000:1 contrast ratio. However, you might find that some DVDs won’t display properly in either 4:3 or 16:9. This is due to the maximum output resolution being 800 x 480p. You will get a better quality display when using other sources.
Still, the picture quality and color are what you’d expect from an affordable, but it does impress when compared to other expensive options. When it comes to speakers, you get built-in stereo surround speakers that won’t do much when viewing in a large room. For detailed sound effects, you might want to connect your external speakers using Bluetooth functionality.
The projector has an ideal projection distance of 32 to 150 inches. However, you might want to stay below the maximum projection distance especially if you’re playing a video from the DVD player. This ensures you get nice video quality on a bigger screen.
The RCA movie projector is portable and yet still fits in a convenient DVD player that will bring some excitement to your home entertainment. Like most DVD projectors that help you save costs, it is lacking in some features. While you will be able to play DVD, VCD, DVR, and many other disc types, you might want to leave Blu-ray discs out of the equation. You can still display high-quality content from other sources thanks to the abundance of ports on this projector.
You can get started with HDMI, AV, or VGA to stream from your game console or laptop. There is also a MicroSD port if you have files saved up in there that you want to watch n a bigger screen. The projector will also allow you to connect to your Chromebook, media players, iPad, iPhone, and Android smartphones. For a super affordable DVD projector, you do get a lot more than you will need here.
- Build-In stereo surround speaker for rich sound production.
- Compatible with a wide range of disc types.
- Less fan noise for superior performance.
- Enhanced cooling and fan system.
- The image needs tweaking for balanced quality.
- Does not support Blu-ray discs.
5. Naxa NVP-2500
- 1280 x 720 resolution
- 500:1 contrast ratio
- Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576i, 480p, and 480i
- 3,600 lumens/100 ANSI
- 31.9 in. to 150 in. diagonal image
The Naxa NVP-2500 is another affordable option that offers just the right specs for the price. The LCD projector features a built-in DVD player and comes with a long-lasting LED bulb life of up to 20,000 hours though it does not match the more expensive options on the market. The projector allows you to do more than just watch video from your CDs and DVDs, and you can stream all types of movies and music by connecting the projector to your Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, or Google Chrome Stick.
Featuring a 1280 x 720 resolution, the Naxa NVP-2500 offers a projection size of up to 150 inches. However, you might not get the best clarity especially if you’re watching your movies or videos during the day. You might want to keep the projector close to 6 feet even when watching in a dark room. This won’t get you up to 150 inches, but you will be able to enjoy clear-quality viewing with your family at this range.
You can adjust the focus and trapezoidal screen using the knob on the projector. Slightly adjusting the focus knob will bring the image to optimal focus with clearly visible pictures that provide more detail. Using the trapezoidal adjustment knob, you can create a keystone image by projecting the projector bean to the screen at an angle.
This projector comes with an HDMI port which provides superior sound and picture quality when connecting your laptop, desktop, game console, or just about any device with an HDMI output. The max HDMI video resolution is 1080p so you won’t be able to stream your 4K videos through the projector and get that same 4K quality. There is also an AV, VGA, audio jack MicroSD, and USB inputs. Keep in mind that the USB and the Micro SD ports have a max data limit of 32GB.
- Long-lasting LED bulb life.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Wide variety of multi-media functionality.
- High-powered speakers.
- The picture quality is not horrible, but not great.
- No carry case or tripod stand.