A record of your car’s speed on your dash cam video footage can be the only proof that you weren’t overspeeding at the time of an accident. It can also save you from baseless allegations of overspeeding by lousy cops. So, when you’re looking to buy a dash cam, getting one with a speedometer is a smart move.
In this article, we’d be reviewing some of the best dash cams with speedometers.
Dash Cams with Speedometers: Our Top Recommendations
The market now abounds with dash cams that record your car’s driving speed along with video of the road. However, making the right choice from the tons of options available can be quite challenging.
Thankfully, we made things easier for you by scouring the market for dash cams with the speedometer feature and comparing them in terms of performance, design, versatility, ease of use, brand trust, and price.
Here are our top picks.
1. Vantrue N2S
- 【4K Single Front or 1440P Front and Cabin Dash Cam 】The Vantrue N2S dash cam combines the front and cabin cameras into one, helping you capture the road ahead and inside your car in 2.5K (1440P+1440P@30fps). The 4K front camera can provide you with True 4K video at 3840x2160P@25fps in single recording mode, allowing you to easily capture any key evidence such as license plates or road signs. It’s your superior choice for Uber, Lyft, Taxi, Cab, Rideshare, and must-have for family road trip!
- 【Super IR Night Vision 】This front and inside adopts dual Starvis sensor, big aperture(F1.8 inside F1.4 Front),6 glasses lens and 4 IR LEDs, which provides a super Night Vision for capturing more important details when driving in the evening. The 4 Infrared lights make it easy to record passengers clearly even at night.
- 【4K Dash Cam with Built-in GPS 】This dual channel dash cam supports live speed view in KM/H or MP/H on your dash cam during driving. Thanks to the included GPS mount, you can also playback the video with the route, speed, and location on Google Maps via our Windows and Mac with Vantrue GPS player, which make sure the speed evidence is protected when an accident occurs.
- 【24/7 Hours Parking Mode】Low Bitrate recording mode enables the dual lens dash cam to recording at 720P+720P@15fps continuously for 24 hours a day at parking mode, and the motion detection, collision detection parking mode option enables the dual car camera to start record instantly at 2.5K 2560x1440P once detects movement or collision, which greatly save the memory space and gives you a peace of mind. Please hardwire it or connect it with external battery for parking mode.
- 【Reliabe Features for Emergency Recording】The 4k dash cam auto overwrites the old footage with new recording when the card is full. While the adjustable G-sensor detects a crash, the video of the current accident will be locked and saved automatically into event folder. That ensures important evidence is well protected without overwriting. Supports up to 256GB microSD cards. The Vantrue microSD card (ASIN: B07WWCLHGM, not included) is recommended.
- 【Cold & Heat Resistant with Supercapacitor】The dashcam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures range from 14 to 158°F. It could prevent the risk of overheating and explosion, which also ensure the life duration as well as the high working performance of the dash cam.
- 【Upgraded WDR Technology】The WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) allows the dash camera to perform optimally in various lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage, avoid high exposure in strong sunshine and enhance exposure in low-light or backlight situations.
- 【Easy to Install & Lifetime Customer Support】Vantrue offers lifetime customer support and an 18-month warranty. Please contact us immediately by Amazon message or email if you have any problem, we will get back to you quickly and help you solve it. Firmware is continuously updating for improvements and new features.
For professional drivers that want to get a clear view of all the activity in their car or regular drivers that want an all-around dash cam, the Vantrue N2SVantrue N2S might be the best deal for you on the market. This high-end option offers a great range of features at a very reasonable price. While it is not the smallest of options, its sleek and compact design ensures your view won’t be obstructed your view while you’re driving. The 2-inch LCD screen is big enough to allow you to watch your videos as well as navigate through the menu.
Installation proves to be one of its simplest features. The unit’s suction cup mount is also where the GPS-tracking capabilities are designed. If you prefer to go with another type of mount, this means you won’t be able to use the features. While this sounds restrictive, the mount does a good job of sticking to the windshield and allowing for easy adjustment.
The N2S is a dual-channel 4K dash cam that will deliver clear videos at 2560x1440P at 30fps on the dual channels. The single front recording camera is even better, providing 4K quality at 3840×2160 at 25fps. Both cameras are able to deliver clear, true-to-life colors that will pick up small details like license plate numbers even in dark environments.
The unit comes with some advanced features like a 24-hour parking monitoring mode triggered by motion detection or collision detection which comes quite handy when documenting hit-and-runs or damages to your vehicle that happens in your absence.
The auto feature will trigger the camera and record the action inside and outside the vehicle anytime it detects motion. The 155-inch ultra-wide recording angle front-facing camera will capture every necessary detail around the vehicle while the 165-inch inside camera helps you capture more detail inside the cabin.
Wrapping up the most insane details, a supercapacitor fitted into the N2S dash cam prevents the risk of overheating and promotes the life duration of the dash cam in harsh water. It can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from 14 to 1580F. Another outstanding addition is the built-in G-sensor. When it detects a crash, it will automatically lock the video of the current accident and save it as an event video to keep the file protected.
While the features of the N2S are great overall, you might want to consider another option in our list if you’re up for a dash cam with Wi-Fi for remote connectivity.
- GPS feature works effectively.
- Easy to install.
- 24hrs Front & Inside Parking Monitor.
- 18-month warranty.
- G-Sensor could be a little sensitive.
- No app connectivity.
2. BlackVue DR900X-2CH
- Front cam: 8 megapixels sensor / 4K Ultra High Definition (3840×2160 @30FPS) / View angle: 162 degrees. Rear cam: 2.1 megapixels STARVIS sensor / Full HD (1920×1080 @30FPS) / View angle: 139 degrees.
- High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) is the standard in 4K video broadcasting and streaming. With HEVC, you get great-looking 4K videos but same recording time as a regular Full HD dashcam.
- DR900X Series can be hardwired to your vehicle’s fuse panel for Parking Mode, without requiring optional accessories. The dashcam will switch to Parking Mode automatically when vehicle ignition is turned off. Voltage cutoff and timer can be set in the BlackVue App.
- Enjoy remote Live View and Push Notifications to your phone. Back up important videos to the Cloud remotely. Play and download videos from your dashcam’s memory or the Cloud from anywhere.
- The optional CM100LTE connects to your compatible BlackVue X Series dashcam to provide easy 4G LTE connectivity. All you need is a valid Nano SIM card. The CM100LTE connects via the USB port of your dashcam.
If you’re ready to expend a small fortune on a high-quality dual dash cam, then the BlackVue DR900X-2CH will make for a great pick. While featuring an insanely high price tag, this 4K cloud dashcam comes with a decent set of features to justify the expense.
The front camera comes equipped with an 8 megapixels sensor and delivers 4K Ultra high definition (3840×2160 @ 30fps). It has a 162-degree view angle which comes in handy for capturing the front and around the car.
We found the video quality to be just as impressive as the specs indicate. It is able to capture license plates that can be viewed in all clarity both in parked and oncoming cars. You won’t have to worry about dim or dark environments as the camera is just as effective at night as it is in the day. Unlike other low-quality dash cams, you won’t have to worry about glare from headlights and other bright lights when driving at night.
The rear camera isn’t just as great but still outclasses many other picks in the market. It features a 2.3-megapixel STARVIS sensor and provides Full HD (1920×1080 @30FPS) recording. The view angle is not as accommodating as the front camera and maxes out at 139 degrees.
A big plus is the High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265). This ensures that you get impressive 4K videos but the same recording storage as your regular FHD dashcam. This compression technology will save a lot of space when making videos. The dashcam also sports the auto parking mode feature. You won’t have to purchase additional accessories to hardwire it to your vehicle’s fuse panel.
Thanks to BlackVue DR900X-2CH, you can save your important videos to the cloud, play, and download them at will. GPS and Wi-Fi are also available on this unit as well as optional LTE to access 4G LTE connectivity.
- Easy to configure and set up.
- The mobile app is really good.
- Supports up to 256GB.
- Impressive video quality.
- The dual camera quality is subpar.
- The camera runs HOT to the touch.
3. Rove R2-4K Dash Cam
- 4K ULTRA HD RECORDING – The ROVE R2-4K dash camera can record videos up to a resolution of 2160P. The Ultra HD video recording quality is so good that you will notice so much more clarity and quality difference than all other car dash cams. Revolutionary Super Night Vision Technology (6 Glass Lens + F1.5 Aperture + SONY IMX335) helps to get comparatively clearer footage and images from the recording in low light conditions.
- BUILT-IN WiFi 6 – Use the ROVE App to view and manage dash cam recordings instantly on your iOS and Android devices. By using the app you can download your recorded 4k videos directly to your smartphone at a speed of up to 6MBps, and then easily share these on social media with friends and family.
- DASH CAM WITH GPS – Built-in GPS accurately records your driving location and speed. You can view your driving route and tracker on Google Maps via Wi-Fi using the app or with our GPS Player. We provide FREE firmware upgrades for this car camera, allowing you to enjoy hassle-free over-the-air updates via the ROVE App.
- FEATURES WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY INCLUDED – The car dashboard camera comes with a built-in Supercapacitor, f1.5 apertures (the largest in the industry), parking mode, motion detection, 150° A+ wide angle lens, G-sensor, loop cycle recording, emergency video lock, time-lapse video, supports up to 512GB class 10 – U3 speed micro SD card (NOTE: MEMORY CARD NOT INCLUDED – We recommend ROVE Ultimate Micro SD Cards)
- 100% USA-CHICAGO BASED CUSTOMER-CENTRIC COMPANY & CUSTOMER CARE – This dash camera for cars is backed by a full 1-YEAR WARRANTY. You can text us for (Faster Response) or Email our customer care and we will answer any of your questions and resolve arising issues fast. If you’re having any doubts, it comes with a FULL REFUND within 30 DAYS.
For car owners, professional drivers, and just about anyone shopping for a dash cam that will be barely noticeable on your windshield, you will find comfort in purchasing the Rove R2-4K Dash Cam. This dash cam is also a great choice for drivers that aren’t too concerned with what’s happening at the rear.
It features a small 2.4 LCD screen where you can access your videos using the few sets of buttons at the bottom of the dash. You should be able to check the time, date, and speed right off the screen of the dash cam.
As regards its build, the dash cam is overall sturdy with a suction that will affix it firmly to your windshield. Video-wise, the Rove R2-4K also scores high points. It offers 4K ultra HD recording at a resolution of 2160p.
This ultra-HD video recording is quite impressive for catching small details at high speed. The Rove R2-4K also promises revolutionary super night vision technology. From our tests, we found this to be true. Night-time is almost as good as day giving you comparatively clearer footage and images even in extremely low light conditions.
Considering its affordability, it comes as a surprise that the Rove R2-4K features a built-in GPS which does the job of recording your driving location and speed. The built-in Wi-Fi will come in handy if you ever need to make use of the Rove App. Right there, you can download your recorded 4K videos on your smartphone.
The unit comes with some state-of-the-art upgrades like parking mode, motion detection, G-sensor, emergency video lock, loop cycle recording, slow-mo video, and time-lapse video. The icing on the cake is a full 1-year warranty that gives you the full assurance of quality.
- Build-in Wi-Fi.
- Supports Up To 512 GB MicroSD Card.
- Multi-Language Support.
- Easy to set up.
- The unit could heat up with consistent use.
- The app needs an upgrade.
4. Kingslim D4 4K Dual Dash Cam
- 4K+1080P FRONT AND REAR RECORDING – Kingslim D4 4K dual dash cam can simultaneously record videos in front Ultra HD 4K(3840*2160P) and rear FHD 1080P resolutions, which help clearly capturing license plates and road signs for your daily driving. Front wide angle of 170 degree and rear wide angle of 150 degree 6-layer glass fixed-focus lens, it gives you maximum coverage of the road and greatly enhances night vision, providing sharp and clear images and videos.
- SMART DASHCAM SUPPORTS APP CONTROL – Easy to connect D4 4K dashcam with KINGSLIM APP via built in WiFi. You can playback/download videos and adjust the settings directly via phone APP（Work with Android and iOS devices). Note that exiting the APP interface during the connection process may cause the connection to fail.
- AUTO RECORD GPS SPEED AND LOCATION – Built-in GPS module, auto records and save your route and driving speed in videos. It is best to turn on the GPS function in an open area in order to receive a better signal.
- CLEARER NIGHT VISION – Kingslim D4 dash cam adopts the industry-leading Sony STARVIS sensor and Hisilicon processor for better image effect. Plus f/1.8 aperture and WDR technology, this dash cam can record stunning details even in low-light environments.
- RELIABLE FEATURES FOR EMERGENCY RECORDS – Support G-sensor/Parking monitoring and Loop recording functions. G-sensor will automatically activate recording when the car detects impact and vibration. Parking monitor will automatically switch to parking mode after parking, and automatically turn on recording and file protection when the car is shaken or bumped. Loop recording auto rewrite the oldest videos with new, even when the SD card(NOT INCLUDED) is full the dash cam will continue recording.
If you’re on an extremely tight budget but you want a dual dash cam that will give you top-notch video recording quality on both channels, the Kingslim D4 4K Dual Dash Cam is the perfect option to go for. For half the price, you get amazing picture quality and a decent range of features. While you won’t be getting state-of-the-art built-in Alexa support, the Kingslim D4 features built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to connect to the phone app, playback, and download videos both on your Android and iOS devices.
This dash cam promises UHD videos from the front and rear cameras with the front camera providing most of the 4K(2160p@25fps); this allows you to see things ahead as well as read off the license plate of vehicles even at full speed. The rear doesn’t offer close to the same quality, but it still offers true-to-life colors with a 1080p resolution.
Thanks to the industry-leading Sony IMX335 STARVIS sensor and Hisilicon Hi3559 processor on this dashcam, night vision is just as impressive as recording in the day. The addition of WDR technology allows you to record stunning details in a dim environment and get maximum coverage of the road. The sharp and clear images and videos should make enough evidence when the need arises.
A built-in GPS also comes with this unit. Right here you check your driving speed and route. The Kingslim D4 packs a high-temperature lithium battery built to withstand extremely low and high temperatures. Finally, installing the camera won’t be troublesome; it only takes a few minutes to get it all set up, and you won’t need extra assistance to mount and install it in your car.
- Large 3-inch display screen.
- Supports up to 256GB TF.
- Features app connectivity.
- Wide field of view.
- The rear camera can be tricky to mount.
- Not compatible with cards from third-party sellers.
5. REXING V5 Dash Cam
- 4K ULTRA HD RECORDING – The Rexing V5 Premium REAL 4K dash camera can record videos up to a resolution of 2160. Utilize SONY IMX335 sensor allows dashcam to perform well in low-light situations and WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE technology carefully fine-tuning the exposure. 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENSES on the camera opens up to capture broad views of their surroundings and reduce video shooting blind areas.
- MODULE CAM COMPATIBLE – Easily add on additional camera modules to your Rexing V5 to expand viewing areas including rear view and cabin view. Great for improving camera coverage & keeping an eye on the road behind you as well as ahead.
- BUILT- IN GPS, MOBILE APP & VOICE CONTROL – Use our mobile App to view and manage dash cam recordings instantly on your iOS and android devices. By using the app you can download your recorded 4k videos directly to your smart phone and easily share these on social media. GPS accurately records your driving location and speed. View your driving route and tracker on google maps via Rexing GPS Player. Simply Control It with Your Voice to finish your photo/video taking tasks and more, all hands-free
- G-SENSOR, LOOP RECORDING & PARKING MONITOR & SUPERCAPACITOR: Video can be recorded in 1,2 or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card , our loop recording automatically overwrites the unlocked oldest recordings. Gravity sensor detects impact while driving and locks the video for disputes. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20-second video when the car camera detects vibration 24/7, even if the car is parked.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION – Simple & easy to mount on windshield which makes for an overall straightforward installation process. Need help? Email or call our personal LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. We stand behind our products with a***18 Month Warranty ***
The REXING V5 Dash Cam is truly the best pick for people that want to get all the action happening at the front of their car and are not worried about recording the inside or the rear. Though this is a single-dash cam, it comes with a hefty price tag. However, you shouldn’t write it off just yet, as it is packed with many impressive features which we and many other users have rated to be of great use.
Starting out, the REXING V5 delivers crisp and clear videos thanks to the 4K UHD camera. The resolution is up to 2160p, and once again the SONY IMX335 sensor makes an appearance. It still performs the same function of allowing you to get high-quality video in low-light situations with WDR technology to fine-tune the exposure. With this, you won’t have to worry about reading off license plates at night if you ever run into problems. The 170-degree ultra-wide angle lenses reduce blind spots and allow you to capture everything in your front view and surrounding areas.
A built-in GPS, mobile app, and voice control also come with this model. The voice control feature works just the same as that of your mobile phone allowing you to finish your photo/video-taking tasks all hands-free. Extra helpful specs include a g-sensor, loop recording, and parking monitor. Keep in mind that the oldest recordings will be overwritten to make space for the new ones so you won’t have to wipe the videos yourself all the time. If you want to keep them, you can connect to the dash cam using the app and download your video of choice.
The G-sensor could be your helping grace in the event of a collision. It detects the impact and locks the video for later use. The parking monitor instantly turns on the camera and records the video when the collision is detected while the car is parked. Unlike our previous picks, the REXING V5 makes use of an adhesive mount which might require a little more effort if you wish to remove and reposition the dash cam at any time. Aside from that, the installation is usually a breeze.
- Built-in voice control.
- Impressive build quality.
- Can withstand high temperatures.
- Stunning video quality.
- Small screen display.
- The app is sluggish.
6. Vantrue S1
- 【Single 4k Dash Cam】The Single front recording capture crystal clear video at 4k 2880x2160P@24FPS or 1920x1080P@60FPS, which makes key details like road signs and vehicle number plates highly legible in all weather conditions. Equipped with F1.47 wide aperture and upgraded Starvis CMOS sensor, superior HDR night vision works in unison to capture images and record videos brighter even in low-light environments like dark alleyways or underground parking lots for peace of mind.
- 【Front and Rear Hidden Dashcam-100% Protection】The front and rear cameras simultaneously capture the road front (170°) and rear (160°) in crystal detail at FHD 1920x1080P@30fps which ensures every angle is covered and nothing is missed. The hidden camera is mounted behind the rearview mirror and goes virtually unnoticed, for optimal field-of-view and making safe driving. It also supports 1080P@60fps and delivers both smoother and sharper images.
- 【Built-in GPS with Live Speed Display】The built-in GPS module allows you to live view driving speed on the dash cam during driving. You can track the exact driving route, speed (in KMH or MPH), and location on Google Maps via our Windows and Mac compatible GPS player, which will provide further additional evidence if an accident occurs.
- 【24/7 Hours Parking Mode】In motion detection parking mode, both cameras will auto record and save those important events when the front dash cam motion sensor detects objects moving. Low bitrate recording mode enables the dual lens dash cam to record at 720P+720P@15fps continuously for 24 hours a day in parking mode, which greatly saves memory space and provides your car a safer parking environment (Hardwire Kit ASIN: B07V3F1VFX).
- 【Heat Resistant Super Capacitor】The Super Capacitor as power source instead of lithium battery which can withstand extreme temperature from -4°F to 158°F, that prevents the risk of overheating and exploding and extends the reliability and life span of the camera.
- 【Reliable Witness for Accident】Variable sensitivity G-sensor Auto detects a collision and emergency locks the videos to the “event file” to prevent that from an overwrite. Seamless Loop recording auto overwrites the oldest file when the card is full. Time lapse keeps taking photos at the set time interval and auto edit them together to a video clip. Full 18 months Warranty, email replies within 24H, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Support up 256GB microSD card (Vantrue microSD Card B07WXH12TC).
The Vantrue S1 is a dual cam that sits comfortably in between affordable and expensive options. The features of this camera are quite similar to other picks, but it does a bit more in delivering high-quality videos in all lighting conditions. The front and rear cameras will simultaneously deliver 1080p resolution and capture details of the road ahead at 170 degrees and behind at 160 degrees.
The crystal clear FHD 1920x1080p videos should provide a clear view of important details like license plates even while driving at high speeds. The front dash cam alone will deliver a 4K video thanks to the Sony Starvis sensor. Recording at night is made even better thanks to Sony Night Vision. The F1.47 large aperture combined with the superior HDR allows the dash cam to adjust to low-light conditions and still offer clear and vibrant video quality.
The SI is a bit clunkier and bulkier than many modern dash cams but is quite easy to install with the adhesive mounts. The 2-inch display might not be the best when it comes to reading and navigating, but it is quite intuitive to use. There are only five buttons along the bottom of the screen to navigate the menu and operate the dash cam as well as a power button on the side of the unit.
The built-in GPS module accessory will track the location and coordinate of the motor vehicle and log such details including the speed of the car on Google Maps. There is also the loop recording and G-sensor. The former will overwrite the oldest footage to make way for new videos once the card is filled to capacity. The G-sensor captures every moment after an impact and locks the footage to the Event File. The parking mode will record moments when the car is not in motion, especially when you will out of the vehicle.
Extreme weather conditions won’t be a problem for this dash cam. It comes fitted with a supercapacitor that allows it delivers the same clear quality in extreme temperatures from -4 to 158°F while maintaining its long lifespan.
- Built-in GPS with live speed display.
- 24 Hours parking mode.
- Heat-resistant supercapacitor.
- Support 256GB max.
- Appears bulkier and crankier.
- Drains car battery.
7. AZDOME M550 Dash Cam
- 4K 3 Channel Dash Cam: AZDOME 4K dash camera provides a 4K 2160P resolution front camera and a 1080P rear camera. Triple car dash camera simultaneously monitors the front, rear, and interior of user vehicle at 1440P+1080P+1080P.
- WiFi App Control: Users could connect driving recorder to ‘AZDOME’ App on iOS or Android devices. WiFi dash cam M550 could support video playback, download and management. Users are willing to share travel landscapes and moments with friends and family.
- GPS Tracking: GPS dash cam records users driving route, speed, location, and etc. Users could use AZDOME App, Windows or Mac GPS player to help on tracking car route.
- IR Night Vision: M550 dashcam delivers superior night vision. Dash cam is backed with Novatek NT96670 Processor, GC4653, the Sony IMX307 and GC2053 sensor. Dash cam could record day and night situation clearly.
- 24H 3 Modes Parking Monitor: G-sensor could detect collision and lock the video. Time-lapse parking mode could record continuously for 24 hours. Motion detection could detect motion and start recording.
- 1 Year Warranty: AZDOME provides 12 months warranty and 24*7 technical supports. Please feel free to email us for aftersales service. AZDOME R&D team will give feedback within 24 hours working days.
For people that want to record the front as well as the interior of their vehicle, the AZDOME M550 Dash Cam will make for a perfect pick. This model offers just the right quality needed by ride-share service drivers looking to record the activities of their passengers for their own security. It could also be a great way for private drivers to vlog and capture the fun moments of a road trip.
The AZDOME M550 still offers 4K video, but this can only be experienced in the front camera. The powerful Novatek NT96670 Processor and GC4653 & Sony IMX307 & GC2053 sensors ensure that the front camera capture videos in clear quality even in ultra-low light condition. The wide-angle lens falls a bit short of our top picks at 150 degrees, but it will cover four lanes without distortion. Both the front and rear cameras deliver 1080p. The unit is not quite different from other picks when you consider the night vision feature. It comes with hidden IR LED lights and an F/1.8 wide aperture that allows for superior images and enhanced image quality in any lighting condition.
The unit comes with a magnet mount that will stay put when installed, but you should try as much as possible to get the right position on the first try. A 3.19-inch screen allows you to easily read details and navigate the menu without hassle.
The AZDOME M550 makes the same promises as the dash cams already on our list. It features built-in Wi-Fi and built-in GPS to record your driving route and speed. The Wi-Fi lets you connect to the AZDOME app where you can view and share your videos. There is also a 24-hour parking monitoring mode. There is also a supercapacitor that keeps the dash cam working in extreme weather conditions from -20’c to 70. This provides a longer life span than regular lithium-ion batteries.
- Easy to configure.
- Records all 3 views same time.
- Comes with a 32GB card.
- Large 3.19-inch display screen.
- The park view isn’t the best.
- A smaller field of view.