EVA foam boat flooring is a foam-based type of marine flooring typically found on boats or around aqua structures such as swimming pools or jacuzzis. EVA stands for ethylene-vinyl acetate, which is a material known for providing an anti-slip surface. EVA does not absorb water and can provide you with more grip.
EVA foam boat flooring is typically made from waterproof, UV-resistant closed-cell EVA. It has already been used worldwide, upgrading the aesthetic and functionality of boats and other watery surfaces. Not only does EVA foam provide a luxury look and increased safety, but it’s also very easy to clean. Due to its anti-absorbing nature, EVA foam is also great for spills and leaks.
EVA foam boat flooring typically comes in 6mm thickness, but this can range, spanning anywhere from 2 to 25mm, providing ultimate comfort on your deck. While this material has been around for some years, its popularity has grown significantly since 2020, and now, it’s one of the most popular ways to decorate and upgrade your boat’s look.
HjDeck was one of the first manufacturers of EVA foam sheets. It was established in 2013, and since then, many companies have adopted the material and still sell and install EVA foam boat flooring. Most of these companies specialize in marine features. We’ll walk you through some of the recommended companies later in the article.
Is EVA Foam Boat Flooring For You?
If you have a boat and you’re looking to upgrade its style, comfort, and safety, you should consider implementing EVA foam boat flooring. Not only can EVA foam help to heighten the luxurious look of your boat, but it can also help with the functionality of the boat, providing grip even while soaking wet or in windy conditions.
EVA foam boat flooring is a brilliant choice for families who use their boats sporadically and want to ensure the safety of children on board.
However, suppose you’re someone who uses your boat very frequently and in high-temperature conditions. In that case, you may be better off implementing other materials that have longer durability and can withstand hotter climates.
Depending on how big your boat is, the thickness you choose, and the installation method you pick, this product can vary in price. However, in comparison to other boat flooring materials, EVA foam is neither budget nor expensive and instead sits in the middle ground.
EVA foam boat flooring is relatively easy to install, and there are plenty of adhesive options to choose from, depending on your budget. Superglue, Mod Podge, White Gorilla Glue, and many others are all suitable options. If you’re nervous about installing EVA foam yourself, there are companies that can help you install it, so be sure to look out for this service while you’re shopping around.
Companies such as SeaDek, AquaTraction, and HjDeck are all brilliant starting points if you’re looking to shop around for EVA foam boat flooring. SeaDek gives you the option to design custom projects for those who haven’t yet purchased boats and also sell individual materials for those who want to do it themselves.
If you’re looking for a company to supply EVA foam materials so you can install them yourself, OceanGrip is another brand to consider. If you’re looking for materials for kayaks, OceanGrip has a wide array of options in that niche.
What We Like About EVA Foam Boat Flooring
Whether you use your boat for fishing, vacationing, or just for fun, there are heaps of advantages to installing this protective foam material.
EVA foam can offer grip and stability in a potentially dangerous area. Having a boat is great and offers you a wide range of freedoms, but there are safety precautions you need to consider, especially if you have kids. Installing EVA foam boat flooring can help ease your concerns about having kids on the boat.
Aside from all of the safety benefits that EVA provides, it also allows you to fully customize your boat with a plethora of designs, patterns, and colors available to choose from. The product typically comes in strips, allowing you to install it based on your own preferences. Additionally, the material is easy to clean and maintain and can last up to 10 years, depending on how frequently you use it.
What we love about the EVA foam option is that it offers you a bit of everything; so long as it’s maintained well and cleaned regularly, you can get both luxury and protection in the same package.
Thousands of customers have used EVA foam to line their boats and have left a plethora of positive reviews. If you take a look at any of the aforementioned brands and scroll to their ratings or testimonials sections, you can take a look at what real customers have to say about EVA foam.
What We Don’t Like About EVA Foam Boat Flooring
One of the only drawbacks to EVA foam boat flooring is its durability. Due to its padded nature, the foam can lose its firmness and become overly soft, which in turn deteriorates the comfort and aesthetic of the product.
If, like many boat owners, you use your boat for vacations, occasional weekends, and quick and easy getaways, this shouldn’t be an issue. However, many of the customers who have questioned the durability of this product use it every day and for long periods of time.
If you’re concerned about the durability of EVA foam boat flooring, consider using PVC tiles. These are less comfortable, less aesthetic, and offer reduced customization options, but they are one of the most long-lasting floor materials on the market.
Pros ; Cons
|Slip-resistant||Issues with durability|
|Suitable for both fresh and saltwater||Not as good for everyday users|
|Easy to maintain||More expensive than budget materials|
|Looks good||Not as suitable for higher temperatures compared with PE materials|
|Water-resistant||There have been safety concerns about the chemicals used in EVA foam|
|Customizable||Not easily recyclable|
|Mold and mildew resistant|
- Premium EVA Foam Boat Decking —– This boat decking self adhesive are made from high quality EVA foam, has advantages of good cushioning, sound & shock absorption. It is high tensile elongation, boat deck mat is not easy deformation or damage, safe and can be durable for a long time
- Non-Slip Traction Pad —– EVA foam boat flooring sheet feature with diamond grooves, can increase friction and play a good anti-skid, also can quickly guide rainwater out if it rains. EVA foam boat decking sheet provide exceptional comfort and traction, whether dry or wet
- Camouflage EVA Foam Sheet — Unique camo boat flooring, making your boat deck special. This self adhesive boat decking marine decking is EASY TO CLEAN with vacuum cleaner or be pressure washed
- Easy to Install —– Boat flooring has strong glue at the back, self-adhesive to install marine carpet to the floor surface. EVA foam marine flooring decking is also can be freely cut to a suitable size, eva foam boat decking camo fit the different shapes of decks
- Wide Application —– Sea deck boat flooring perfect for boat flooring, RV flooring, kayak decking, yacht floor, pontoon boat flooring, golf cart, swimming pool, boat trailer, surf mat, surfboard traction pad, motorboat, marine deck mat, car or other place
- Upgrade Your Boat: Make your boat look more luxurious, if you are boat owner, you must have a place for EVA decking carpet, we have a variety of colors and sizes to choose from, Pick one now!
- High Quality Materials: This boat marine flooring mat uses a EVA foaming material, EVA has advantages of good cushioning, shock resistance, heat insulation,non-skid,shock absorption,salt water proof.moisture resistance and chemical corrosion resistance, and is odourless,non-toxic and non absorbent.High tensile elongation,not easy deformation,not easy to tear or damage, it is safe and durable.
- Attentive Design: Good looking & easy maintain.It can easily be cut down to fit nearly any surface on a boat where non-skid or protection for the boat’s surface is required. Easy to Clean: Our EVA foam boat flooring can be easily washed with vacuum cleaner,or be pressure washed. It is natural and comfortable.
- Wide Applications: Eva foam boat mat has wide applications such as Boat flooring, RV flooring, Swimming Pool flooring, Garden flooring and etc. If you need to customize the mats, please contact us directly.
- Tips: There is a little color difference in different directions of the product. Please confirm that the direction of the product is the same before installation. Also, if you have purchased 2 or more pieces and need to be spliced together, it is recommended to use extra glue to splice the two pieces together before installing.
EVA foam boat flooring typically comes in strips of varying sizes. You can choose the size and shape when ordering them to ensure they fit the dimensions of your boat.
Adhesives can be included depending on your chosen brand, but you’ll likely have to purchase adhesives separately.
EVA foam strip packages are fully customizable, making them a great option for any boat owner.
- Anti-slip material.
- Easy to install.
- Fully customizable.
It can be really hard to find a boat flooring material that offers you everything – durability, stability, comfort, luxury aesthetics, water resistance, and UV protection. However, the EVA foam option gets pretty close.
While there are more durable materials out there, EVA foam can offer both safety and luxury in the same package. Many boat owners find themselves choosing between the two, whereas EVA foam allows you the freedom to have both.
EVA foam boat flooring has had one point deducted for its durability; however, this material can still last up to 10 years as long as it’s maintained properly and doesn’t get overly used. So, the durability issue won’t even apply for many boat owners!
However, if you’re someone who’s looking for everyday use and durability is something that tops your list of priorities, perhaps consider alternative flooring materials.