If you live in an area of high humidity, then picking up a dehumidifier can be an absolute lifesaver. Not only will it make your life a lot more comfortable, but it can help to reduce damage to your property, prevent mold, and stop disgusting smells from forming. But, with so many dehumidifiers on the market, how do you choose the right one for you?
We want to take a look at what has rapidly become one of the top dehumidifiers out there. While Lumisys isn’t exactly the first name that springs to mind when picking up a dehumidifier (it is a smaller company), they only produce quality products. In this Lumisys 2000 Sq Ft. Dehumidifier review, we want to take a look at why this may be a good dehumidifier for you.
|Lumisys 2000 Sq Ft 30 Pints Dehumidifiers for Large Room, Basements, Home, Bathroom, Bedroom, with…||653 Reviews||$189.99 $159.99||Buy on Amazon|
Lumisys 2000 Sq Ft Dehumidifier Specification – At a Glance
While this Lumisys is a cheaper dehumidifier, it packs a surprising amount of punch in the specifications department. Just have a look at these specs, and we’re almost certain it will be a dehumidifier that you’ll add to your ‘to buy’ list:
- Covers 2000 Square Feet of Floor Space
- 30 Pint Water Tank
- Auto & Manual Drainage
- Easily Change Set Humidity with Aluminum Knob
- LED Screen Shows Current Humidity Settings
- Outer Ring of Settings Knob Displays Light Indicating Ambient Humidity
- Timer Functionality
- Just 36dB
- Easy to Move – 360-degree wheels that glide along the floor with ease
- Three operation modes
The Features of the Lumisys 2000 Sq Ft. Dehumidifier
Just look at those specs! There’s a lot to unpack here, so we figured we’d take a more in-depth look at some of the features that you can enjoy when you pick up the Lumisys 2000 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier. We won’t look at all the features here, but the ones that we really think you’ll enjoy when looking for something to whip the moisture out of the air.
Large Area Coverage
Covering a whopping 2000 feet of floor space, this dehumidifier should be fine for most homes. It has a huge 30-pint water capacity, which means that you can keep this running for a good while without needing to empty it.
That being said, you may find that a couple of these in your home will work better than just one. Not because it is a bad dehumidifier. It isn’t. It just works a little bit slower if it needs to keep your whole home fresh. One upstairs and one downstairs should be fine.
The dehumidifier comes loaded up with a 24-hour timer. This means that you can set exactly when you want the dehumidifier to turn on. You will find this incredibly useful when you’re about to fall asleep at night, but we also like to set the time to ensure that our home is dehumidified by the time we get home from work.
This is one of the standout features of the Lumisys Dehumidifier. If you have ever used a dehumidifier before, then you will know just how noisy it can get. Not this one. It is just 36dB. This is insanely low for a dehumidifier. While you can still hear its operation if you listen closely, turn the TV up and you will barely know that the dehumidifier is running.
We are not the heaviest of sleepers, and we have been able to sleep in a room with the Lumisys Dehumidifier running. It is insane how quiet it can get!
Quick Settings Change – 3 Operating Modes
Setting your desired humidity level with the Lumisys is a breeze. Just twist the knob and you are ready to go. It will then start to work very, very hard to get your room at the perfect humidity.
Built into this dehumidifier, you have three setting modes:
- Sleep mode. This will keep the dehumidifier running during the day and turned off at night.
- Intelligent system – set your desired humidity level, and the Lumisys will turn off once it hits it.
- Continually running system.
We, mostly, use the intelligent system. It is so incredibly easy to set our desired humidity level, and it helps to ensure that the dehumidifier uses as little power as possible.
Auto & Manual Drainage
The dehumidifier has an in-built water tray. 30 pints. It takes a while to fill up. This is perfect if you want to empty it yourself. However, a lot of people love the auto drainage mode.
The Lumisys 2000 Sq. Ft 30 Pints Dehumidifier comes complete with a drainage hose. Connect this between the dehumidifier and a bucket (or drain right outside), and you’ll never have to worry about emptying your dehumidifier again!
- ALUMINUM ROTATING KNOB AS A UNIQUE FEATURE: Our uniquely designed knob can be casually rotated to change the set humidity, with the current humidity level displayed on the knob’s centrally integrated LED screen. Tri-color indicator positioned on the knob’s outer ring shows the ambient humidity range.
- 36DB INDUSTRY LEADING DENOISE FUNCTION: it remains whispering quiet at your busy hours, TV binging, and nap time.
- A 10.04 x 8.66 x 18.11 INCHES SIMULTANEOUS DEHUMIDIFER AND CLOTH DRYER: dehumidify with three operation modes: intelligent mode for daily use facilitated by auto shut-off at your ideal humidity level; sleeping mode for nighttime; continuous mode for efficient drying under extreme moist weather as well as for fast clothes drying.
- ALL FUNCTIONS EQUIPPED AT YOUR IDEADL USAGE: powerful compressor enables efficient dehumidification; child lock protects children from unintentional touches; 24hr timer allows you to set auto turn-on & turn-off time; 360º wheels enable easy movement; visible water tank and drain hose provide flexible drainage options.
- WARRANTY GUARANTEED: 1-year paperless (environmentally friendly) warranty is provided, automatically activated once upon receiving. If you have any problems with our dehumidifier, please feel free to reach out. We will reply and offer solutions within 24 hours.
Pros and Cons
Obviously, the major pro is just how quiet this dehumidifier is. If you are normally irritated by sounds, then the Lumisys may be for you.
We also enjoy the low power consumption. As far as we can tell, this consumes far, far less power than some of the other budget dehumidifiers on the market.
We also enjoy how effective this dehumidifier is at getting the desired humidity level, even when it is tasked with covering an insanely large area in the home. While it isn’t as fast as the dehumidifiers many times the price (see more in the next section), it is highly efficient, and it will make your home nice and comfortable quite quickly.
The major issue is how difficult the water tray is to slide back into place once you have emptied it. Granted, it isn’t a massive issue. It just takes a small amount of manipulation but once you’ve got the hang of it, everything is a breeze.
In extremely rare cases, the Lumisys may also work a little bit slower than far more expensive models when bringing down the humidity. Although, this is to be expected. This is one of the cheaper quality dehumidifiers on the market, so it isn’t going to be functioning anywhere as well as something 3-4x the price.
Is The Lumisys 2000 Sq Ft. Dehumidifier Right For You?
Looking for one of the best dehumidifiers on the market? Check out the Lumisys dehumidifier. It comes in at an incredibly cheap price, but it is loaded with features. It is perfect for anybody with a small to medium home. Larger home? Pick up a couple of them!